Sunday 26 March 2017

PORT UNION

I decided to join Tom Fiore's hiking group today. It was a hike along the lake shore starting at Port Union Park. Unfortunately I had a senior moment and showed up for the hike almost an hour late! I managed to contact Tom and once I learned the direction they were travelling in I caught them up after walking my little legs off. Crossing over the East park Bridge the wind took my hat and blew it into the lake. The hike followed the lake in a westerly direction with a detour up and along Highland Creek. On the way back once we reached the lake again we braved the shoreline walking along the beach. Despite the temperature, the wind and a spot or two of rain I found the hike to be most invigorating. We did not stop for lunch so I ate my sandwich on the run. I messed up mapping the route and distance. I forgot to end the route and only remembered to do so when I was driving home along the 401. I figured I had walked approximately 11 km.















No comments:

Post a Comment