Monday 17 October 2016

CHARNWOOD CIRCULAR HIKE

Leicestershire, like most counties in the UK has some wonderful countryside. My hike started in the main car park at Bradgate Park in Newtown Linford. I took the path leading up to the north west corner of the park past the folly, Old John. A short walk along Benscliffe Road where I found the Leicestershire Round Path which crossed over the Lingdale golf course. Eventually I came to a road leading to Woodhouse Eaves. This is where I messed up. Instead of continuing further along the road I took the earlier path which took me on a circular route around Broombriggs Farm. I failed to find the path leading to Beacon Hill which was my original plan. My only option now was to retrace my steps back to the starting point. What should have transpired had I found the correct path to Beacon Hill was to continue to Ulverscroft Priory following a different path into Newtown Linford. I did enjoy the 12.3 km walk despite buggering up and being somewhat disappointed loosing my way.














No comments:

Post a Comment